How to use Pen Type pH Meter- pH-009 (I) A
- Remove the protective cap
- First clean the electrode with distilled water (available in most grossary stores), and dry it with filter paper
- Turn on pH meter by “ON-OFF” switch located on the top of battery case
- Immerse the pH meter electrode in solution up to the immersion level. Under no circumstances immerse above display level.
- Stir gently and wait for the reading to stabilize.
- After use, switch off the pH meter. Use distilled water to clean the electrode, dry it with filter paper and replace the protective cap
PH Calibration for Pen Type pH Meter- pH-009 (I) A
- Immerse the electrode in pH 6.86 (under a temperature of 25 oC) standard buffer solution of phosphate, and gently shake the electrode.
- Regulate the trimmer with a screwdriver until the buffer solution value corresponding to the measurement temperature is obtained.
- Immerse the electrode in pH 4.01 or pH 9.18 standard buffer solution of borax
- After about one minute, until the buffer solution value corresponding to the measurement temperature is obtained
Important Information for Pen Type pH Meter- pH-009 (I) A
The instrument’s pH range must be re-calibrated whenever:
- The pH meter has been used or laid for a long time from the last calibration.
- The pH meter has been used in particularly taxing conditions
- The utmost accuracy is required.
Installing Batteries in Pen Type pH Meter- pH-009 (I) A
If the display of the meter fades, replace all the batteries. To Replace the batteries pull out the battery case and replace the old batteries with new ones. Pay attention to the polarity of the battery.