Used for non-culturable air samples (also referred to as non-viable or total fungal spore counts)
- These cassettes collect airborne spores, pollen, fibres and other particulates on a sticky surface.
- Collected material are analyzed by direct microscopy. No culturing is required.
- Mold spores identified to genus level where possible.
- Results can be obtained the same day or even onsite hence useful for final mold clearance.
- Samples generally taken for 5 or 10 min. Samples may be taken for longer or shorter periods depending on the environment being sampled.